Doctor of Physical Therapy (Hybrid Program)
Welcome and thank you for your interest in our innovative and exciting Doctor of Physical Therapy program at South College! Our program and faculty are dedicated to the development of future Doctors of Physical Therapy, ready to meet the demands of clinical practice in the 21st century with exemplary entry-level skills, who exhibit marked professionalism and who understand the necessity of compassionate patient care.
Our Program Design
- An accelerated, two-year DPT curriculum unique to physical therapy education.
- 65 weeks of didactic curriculum spread across 5+ academic quarters.
- 31 weeks of full-time clinical education, comprised of an 8-week experience and a 23-week terminal internship in a variety of clinical settings.
Our Unique Features
- A contemporary and evidence-based curriculum powered by the Evidence In Motion (EIM) Learning Academy.
- A blended-learning program that combines the unparalleled aspects of online learning activities and interactions, hands-on laboratory sessions, and collaborative clinical education experiences.
- Online, distance-based learning permits students to reside anywhere while completing their didactic (classroom) education.
- Onsite lab immersion sessions are held quarterly in Knoxville, Tennessee, to develop essential hands-on patient management skills.
- Clinical education experiences provided nationwide in a standardized, structured, and collaborative manner with highly skilled & accomplished Clinical Faculty.
- Seamless transition into a variety of post-professional residency training programs (orthopaedics, sports, neurorehabilitation, etc.).
If you have any questions regarding the Doctor of Physical Therapy program, do not hesitate to contact us.
DPT Admissions Coordinator
South College – Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
400 Goody’s Lane
Knoxville, TN 37922