Student Computer Resources
Internet Explorer (IE) is the suggested Web browser. To download the latest version of IE, visit the Microsoft IE download page.
To use Moodle, your web browser must have cookies enabled.
Google resource on how to enable cookies in your web browser.
If you cannot open files that your faculty has placed on your course site, you may need install or update a plugin. The list below will take you to the sites to download the free plugins that you need.
- Download a free PowerPoint Viewer - to read .ppt or .pptx files.
- Download a free Microsoft Word Viewer - to read .doc files. Also, download and install the Compatibility Pack from this site to read .docx files.
- Download a free Adobe Acrobat Reader - to open .pdf files.
- Download a free QuickTime Player - to play file formats: AIFF, WAV, MOV, MP4 (AAC only), CAF and AAC/ADTS, and others.
- Download a free virus protection package: AVG.
- Download Spybot Search and Destroy. Detects and removes different kinds of spyware from your computer.
- Download a free Microsoft Excel Viewer - to read .xls files.
- Download a free Windows Media Player.
- Download a free Flash Player - to view Flash media.
- Download a free RealPlayer - to view web video.