VET-UP © Program
The VET-UP© program is specifically designed for medics and corpsmen candidates as a bridging program to enter the Physician Assistant Program at South College. To be considered for admission the prospective candidate should have:
- A minimum of four years of military medical experience as a medic or corpsmen (IDC or 18-D preferred) to meet the criteria established for acceptance as a transfer student;
- Completed or in the process of completing a Bachelor of Science degree with a focus on Health Sciences;
- Completed 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours towards a Bachelor of Science degree with a focus on Health Sciences;
- A minimum of required course work as stated below. Additional course work may be required.
The program accepts military training and course work (ACE) and off-duty voluntary education (DANTES) transfer credits with the appropriate documentation. The minimum required core courses of the program include:
- General Chemistry – 8 semester hours or 12 quarter hours
- General Biology – 8 semester hours or 12 quarter hours
- Anatomy and Physiology - 8 semester hours or 12 quarter hours
- English – 6 semester hours or 8 quarter hours
- Math – 6 semester hours or 8 quarter hours
- Social Science – 6 semester hours or 8 quarter hours
Candidates are evaluated on an individual basics and must complete the CASPA application and final interview process, faculty will assist with the ongoing review of health care experience and required course work recommendations. Additional course work that adds value includes: Medical Terminology, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology, Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Organic Chemistry, and Biochemistry, although these are not required.